According to an article in the Morning Star, a Vernon newspaper, police will be out in full force on Saturday, March 22, 2014 conducting roadblocks and checking for impaired drivers. With nice weather finally here for springtime in Vancouver, I do not doubt that many people will encounter a roadblock on their travels this weekend.
There are a variety of consequences that you can receive when police conduct impaired driving investigations. They are often difficult to understand and can result in further punishment that you are not told about at the roadside. I deal with all manner of impaired driving cases, including:
- 24-Hour prohibitions for drugs;
- 24-Hour prohibitions for alcohol;
- 3-day, 7-day, and 30-day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions;
- 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions for Fail;
- 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibitions for Refusal to Blow;
- 90-day Administrative Driving Prohibitions;
- Impaired driving charges;
- Driving over 80 mg charges;
- Refusal to blow charges;
- Impaired driving causing bodily harm; and
- Impaired driving causing death.
If you are issued any of the above charges or sanctions, there are limitation periods and it is imperative that you act fast. Contact me immediately and I will be able to explain your rights and the procedure to you, free of charge. Our telephone number is 24-hours: 604-685-8889.